It’s coming tomorrow. The first sale for TC-11 and it’ll only last for a day! Get your fingers ready …
The Retronyms have delivered Tabletop 2.2, which adds two new devices with support for inter-app audio. One is a free controller for midi-controllable apps, and the other is an inter-app audio recorder that can capture the audio produced by other apps.
This update also adds support for AudioCopy 2.0. Finally, it adds several bugfixes and iOS 7 enhancements.
RØDE Rec LE update brings …
- Dedicated iPad interface – view the waveform, editing and a suite of controls on the one screen
- Improved interface
- Improved stability and performance
RØDE Rec LE is free on the app store
Symphonix Evolution is now compatible with iOS 7
IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP ALL OF YOUR SYMPHONIX EVOLUTION FILES BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS UPDATE!
Due to a change in the app’s internal file name for working with Audiobus on iOS 7, this version may require the previous version to be deleted from your device and then restored from Purchases using the App Store app before it can be installed. To avoid losing your work, please use iTunes to copy your files back to your computer before installing this update!
New Features in this update are:
- User Interface refresh for iOS 7. When running under iOS 7 the screens have a new “flat” look (the old look is still available when running under iOS 6)
- Added a new setting so that the Drum Percussion channel can be changed
- Added a new setting so that the mixer volume controls can be locked during playback so that a song cannot change the volume using MIDI messages.
- The Piano Roll now scrolls when a song is playing
- New Tempo Track function allows the user to select which track to use for tempo change events
- Tempo Changes can now be edited in the Piano Roll screen using the Controller lane
- It is now possible to connect two or more instances of Symphonix Evolution running on different iPads using the remote connection function
- Resolved an issue with Audiobus initialization on iOS 7
- Fixed crash when saving a file that was last loaded using Dropbox
- Fixed incorrect note values when selecting chord inversions
- The Undo function was not working for ties and slurs
- General stability enhancements
DEADLINE FOR PITCH APPLICATIONS EXTENDED UNTIL 4th OCTOBER
Music TechPitch 4.5 is a platform to enable startups specifically within the music-tech industry from all across Europe to showcase their business proposition to a relevant wider audience, including VCs, music industry professionals and experts, journalists, as well as other aspiring and successful music and tech entrepreneurs. This pitching event is a unique opportunity to build more awareness, receive productive feedback from an expert panel, and network with key music-tech industry players.
The evening pitch competition will show-case 8 new music-tech startups. Some of the startups will have participated in the TechPitch 4.5 Workshops, complimentary and open to European tech startups. Music TechPitch 4.5 brings together music-tech startups, music industry, investors, and entrepreneurs.
- Music TechPitch 4.5 judges:
- Marie Burmiston, Map Entertainment and Crush Music
- Martin Kummer, Ministry of Sound
- David Fisher, Edge Group
- Mick Grierson, Goldsmiths Collge
- Tom Frederikse, Clintons
- Alan Wallis, Ernst & Young
APPLY TO PITCH AT MUSIC TECHPITCH 4.5!
Deadline: This Friday – 4 October 2013
By getting up on stage and pitching your business idea and model, in this case to the panel of experts we have put together for Music TechPitch 4.5, you will gain exposure and interest from both potential users and potential funders, as well as from media in general. And you get to practise and receive immediate feedback on your pitch.
The pitch session is not about achieving funding immediately, but gaining interest, making connections, and hopefully starting relevant discussions, so if you like the idea of pitching you will be good!
Pitches at 2Pears events are free-of-charge for the pitching companies, which means that the person pitching receives a complimentary ticket for the event. All other company members and interested parties will be required to purchase tickets at best available rate to attend the event.
What we need from you in order to confirm you are eligible to pitch and to make a fair selection of companies for Music TechPitch 4.5 is for you to download the application form and complete all questions on this form and submitting it by 27 September 2013 by email to email@example.com.
Tickets are available – register here…using promo code PALMSOUNDS for a 10% discount
Here’s what’s new:
- Inter-App Audio compatibility. This free update adds support for the new inter-app audio protocol in iOS 7. Inter-app audio allows you to route audio and control data between apps on your device. Use iMPC’s sampler and inter-app audio to record new sounds from compatible apps for use in your Programs.
- We’ve also updated to AudioCopy 2.0. AudioCopy makes it easy to paste sound from compatible apps. The new AudioCopy ensures compatibility with iOS 7, and includes updated UI and other improvements (more info at retronyms.com/audiocopy/).