Aspiring DJs can mix on the move with the compact Digital DJ WeGO2 (DDJ-WeGO2) console, which boasts all the easy-to-use features of the original Digital DJ-WeGO (DDJ-WeGO) plus the ability to access and mix with tracks on their iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
You can find a bit more detail at AppleInsider
A huge update for the already excellent Gestrument. Here’s what’s new:
- Universal, now also runs on iPhone and iPod touch!
- Allow flipped ranges by swapping min/max for pitches or durations
- Many new presets
- Replaced default soundfont with a stripped down version for better performance
- Add help page about avoiding audio glitches
- JACK support
- Improve lo/mid/hi quality setting. Can now change while connected to Audiobus or JACK and doesn’t need a restart of the synth engine
- Keep running in background when ‘hold’ is toggled
- Show alert if soundfont is missing when loading patch
- Don’t allow preset to turn on/off internal synth while we’re recording
- Don’t re-show tutorial text after visiting editor
Don’t forget that the Yamaha 50% off sale only has until the 1st of September, so if you’ve left it until the last minute, please be aware that the last minute is sort of now.
Having used them in the Sound Lab project I decided that for just messing around they were actually very useful indeed.
A short post about it over at Miselu’s blog.