I know it was a little while ago, but here are a few simple things that I think would make the app store a bit easier to use …
- Upgrade pricing – I don’t think it should be beyond the abilities of Apple to introduce this. I know it would almost certainly add complexity and in some cases it wouldn’t be popular with users, but it could help developers to continue to support apps with new features rather than the current process of having to issue a whole new version on a big upgrade.
- Make wish lists accessible on the iPhone and iPad. I love my wish list on iTunes but it would be so much better if I could see it and add to it on my iPhone.
- More categories. Just having music is not enough. I’d like to see it split down into more categories and perhaps have one just for cat pianos and similar apps, so I can avoid those. At the very least we should get a music production category.
- More price points and simpler pricing.
- Allow users to go back to a previous version. I think it would be much easier if we could downgrade apps on our devices. Not just when things go wrong, but for use with older devices too. Of course this would be especially useful when iOS7 brings auto updates.
Anything I’ve missed or that you’d like to see?