“MIRAnome64 is the basic monome64 for MIRA iPad application.
Official page: http://julienbayle.net/MIRAnome
Basically, it is a proof of concept but a fully fonctional monome64 protocol implementation in Max6 / MIRA for your iPad.
Music is Autechre’s VI Scose Poise, obviously.”
So, it didn’t take too long before some interesting things started happening with Mira Controller.
Which is great news, and if that wasn’t enough here’s what’s coming in the 1.1 version:
- Add the keyboard from AnaMini
- Increase the number of presets and custom setups
- Add audio export, copy and paste features
- Expand MIDI features
Read about it here.
Sound Wand MIDI Controller has been updated with some very cool new stuff. Here’s what’s new:
- Massively improved connection setup, including auto-detect (hooray!)
- 3 new motion trackers: Shake, Shuffle & Play Intensity
- Virtual MIDI support – play other apps with SW Midi!
- Improved MIDI setup, including CC# Learn Wizard
I know this isn’t mobile related, but it’s gestural and it looks pretty damn amazing.
A new drum machine arrives for your iPad. Here’s the app’s description:
Praxis Beats is a retro-elegant interface for electronic rhythm composition. Express yourself with absolute precision and maximum control over your beats.
- Drum Rolls: Instantly glitch or retrigger any beat.
- Hifi Wifi: Fetch samples directly from your Dropbox®, Box.net®, Gmail®, or GDrive® accounts. Praxis Beats will stash them for you for future use, too. (You can also use iTunes File Sharing.)
- Maximum Control: Individually control the volume, panning, and speed for every sound down to 1/128th notes.
- Batteries Included: 2 touch-controlled effects pads, programmable to control any of 9 different effects.
- Live Record: Record your sessions as wav files. Upload them directly to Dropbox®, email, or SoundCloud®, or use iTunes File Sharing to retrieve them manually.
- Save Songs: Save and load different songs. Praxis Beats autosaves for you as well. And, you can back up your compositions using iTunes File Sharing.
- Absolute Precision: sample precise rendering from 10 to 999 BPM.
- Multitouch Manipulation: Speed up your creation process by allowing multiple fingers, hands or people to control the sequencer grid, effects pads, or note graphs.
- Meta Controls: Controls provided to clear out the sequencing for any row or for the whole song.
- Feeling Lucky: Randomize the sequencing for any row or for the whole song.
- The Basics: Individual controls for each sample track, including mute, solo, volume, and panning.
- Start Jamming: 7 free drum kits are included for a total of 112 drum samples. Made by EioN and James Frame, LA’s hottest new producers.
- Audiobus Support: Stream audio from Praxis Beats to other apps.
I can understand where they want to focus their energy and it makes a lot of sense to me. But I won’t give away too much. If you want to know what they’ve got planned then have a read of their post “So … what’s next?”.