I could once again just start this post with the fact that it has been a busy week in mobile music. It’s true, but more than that a lot of really important new things have happened. So here’s the usual round up of news and highlights, but with a bit more this week.
- Thor Synth for iPad arrives and is completely awesome!
- Mira Controller from Cycling 74 arrives
- iTRIGGER Ableton controller arrives
Apps getting the Audiobus:
- Recast gets on the bus this week
- Echo Pad updated with a new filter and more
- bip adds infinite record and more
- Sunrizer 3.0 arrives with micro tuning and a new look
Things you need to do!
- You may have missed the news that Orphion is going to be removed from the app store due to use of a private API. A lot of developers and users have responded and now there’s a petition to Apple to stop this from happening. Sign up here.
Things to look forward to:
- Noatikl for iOS, still on the way although there’s a slight delay
- Anaphobia Destro still moving forward
- Nave to be made into a VSTi and AU as well
- Conductr (Ableton controller) on the way
- LushOne Inca module announced
- Fragmentr coming to Android
- Screenshots of new TouchAble interface
- Miki’s pt2 of his explanation of Yamaha’s MMS.
- Full WWDC keynote available
- Videos of Mira Controller and the app’s designer too
- OP-1 Patch randomiser web app
In case you missed …
- An interview with Sam Tarakajian, creator of Cycling 74’s Mira Controller
- My track “Bus Route No.38”
- A rare Tinsizer mini modular synth on eBay.
- Cycling 74’s CEO talks about Mira.
And finally …
- Gestrument is on sale until the 6th of July and it’s great so worth a look in my view
Enjoy the rest of the weekend. See you for another amazing week in mobile music starting tomorrow.