Traktor Kontrol Z1 is coming soon – the ultra-compact, pro-grade 2-channel mixer, controller, and soundcard for Traktor DJ and Traktor Pro 2.
Hook it up to your iPad or iPhone for a fully-functional Traktor DJ rig, complete with track headphone cueing, super-intuitive control, and premium, club-ready sound. Or combine it with Traktor Kontrol X1 or F1 controllers for the ultimate mobile Traktor Pro 2 setup.
I’ve been waiting for this book for a while now and now it’s available on iBooks. Here’s what to expect:
Dive hands-on into the tools, techniques, and information for making your own analog synthesizer. If you’re a musician or a hobbyist with experience in building electronic projects from kits or schematics, this do-it-yourself guide will walk you through the parts and schematics you need, and how to tailor them for your needs. Author Ray Wilson shares his decades of experience in synth-DIY, including the popular Music From Outer Space (MFOS) website and analog synth community.
At the end of the book, you’ll apply everything you’ve learned by building an analog synthesizer, using the MFOS Noise Toaster kit. You’ll also learn what it takes to create synth-DIY electronic music studio. Get started in the fun and engaging hobby of synth-DIY without delay.
With this book, you’ll learn:
- The differences between analog and digital synthesizers
- Analog synthesizer building blocks, including VCOs, VCFs, VCAs, and LFOs
- How to tool up for synth-DIY, including electronic instruments and suggestions for home-made equipment
- Foundational circuits for amplification, biasing, and signal mixing
- How to work with the MFOS Noise Toaster kit
- Setting up a synth-DIY electronic music studio on a budget
This is massive! Here’s all the new stuff:
- Meteor now supports simultaneous multiple channel audio recording.
- Selectable Inputs for both Audio Sources and AudioBus.
- Selectable Outputs for each track.
- The Video plugin now allows you to export a movie with soundtrack to a file or the camera roll.
- Stacked Recordings (Loop Mode in Single Track Mode).
- Improved CPU usage and improved quality of Pitch Shifting
- Improved Quality Time Stretching.
- Added a Basic Auto Tune for monophonic vocal recordings to the wave editor.
- Added an Invert Phase option to the wave editor.
- Copy, Paste and Replicate now preserve cross fades.
- Added the ability to apply cross fades to all cloned clips.
- Added Cross Fade presets for 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 and 500ms.
- Added Share To dialog to Audio Pool.
- Added Markers for easier project navigation.
- Added MIDI Track Event Inspector.
- Added the ability to Dissolve Type 0 MIDI files and MIDI Parts.
- Added the ability to Dissolve MIDI parts by Channel, Note, CC type or Selection.
- Fixed a bug when sending a Mix Down via Email.
- The Overview button now displays a preview of an entire track in the MIDI Editor and the entire mixer in Mixer Mode.
- Added a New project option to the Project Explorer.
- Added the Song name to the Overview screen.
- Added an Info option to Track Mode for displaying track names and types.
- Added a ‘Mixer Control Method’ option to the ‘Options’ menu. This allows you to select a prefer method of control in the mixer.
- Added a scroll lock to the mixer view.
- Added an option to the iPad’s Settings app which allows you to turn off the automatic loading of the last loaded project.
Make music, from the planetary orbits.
Orbita is a fun and easy music making app which turns planetary movements into musical harmonies. You can create dreamy and fantastic sounds just by tapping the screen of your mobile device. In spite of its simplicity and intuitiveness, it gives you a great variety and possibility of music making.
Let’s explore the universe of music, with Orbita!
The app is free.
If you wanted to get iMIDIPatchbay at 40% off the normal price ($29.99 instead of $49.99), then now’s the time to do it, but you only have a few hours left if you want the lower price.
Not sure why, but it is for now, so grab it whilst you can.