Here’s what’s new:
New user interface and workflows
- Most important performance controls are always visible for two decks.
- Portrait mode.
- Shift button secondary features everywhere.
- Pitch bend, fine pitch adjust, frame-precise step and backspin directly on the waveform.
- Two panes per deck: tempo and cue/loop points.
- One tap to display mixer + effects.
- Rarely used controls under More.
- Four deck mode on the iPad: available from the iPad 2 without any limitation in features, smoothness, stability or audio quality.
- Four deck mode on the latest iPhones/iPod touch generation.
Quantize and sync
- Both styles available: quantize+sync or classic beat-matching. Switch them per deck, or set defaults in the Settings app.
- Greatly improved and made for “Traktor”-style DJing. Enabled by default.
- Auto master sync: the master deck is automatically set according to the mixer controls. The status bar (top) background color shows the current master deck. Double-tap on Sync to adjust manually.
- Tempo pane is divided between both styles. Very easy live grid adjustment controls.
- Beatgrids are stored in the database (if you remove a track, it will not be lost).
Cues and loops
- A slot is a cue point or loop now, not both.
- Loops automatically enter looping mode.
- Press Cue to exit a loop.
- In and Out points live editable. Hold shift to snap/unsnap to beat.
- Shift + empty slot for instant 4-beats loops.
- “Performance looping” is moved to the Roll effect.
- Trap loop: if the 8th slot is a loop, then it becomes a “trap”. When the track reaches the 8th loop’s beginning, it automatically goes to looping mode and never ends.
- Auto-pfl with unique switching characteristics for headphone mixing without monitor speakers.
- Crossfader settings moved under More, because they become “performance” tools.
- Constant-power curve improved and renamed to Smooth Mix.
- Cross-bass: adjusts bass EQs automatically with crossfader. Curve depends on the current crossfader-curve, optimized for different genres (Beatmix for hip-hop/funky, Smooth Mix for house).
- Roll effect.
- Five simultaneous effects per deck: time (roll) + filter + color (flanger/lofi) + space (echo/reverb) + low/highpass.
- Tap with a second finger on the effect field to turn it on permanently.
- New default mappings for the Numark N4/Mixtrack Pro/iDJ Live, iON iDJ2GO, Vestax VCI-400/Spin 2.
- Four decks mapped where available, including proper deck switching.
- Replace existing mappings to the new ones: remove the existing mapping files in iTunes File Sharing, then relaunch DJ Player.
- Experimental plug-and-play support for Reloop Terminal Mix 2.