For a variety of reasons I’ve not been able to post much over the last couple of days, and as today is a bank holiday (public holiday) in the UK it is sort of a Sunday as far as I’m concerned, so here’s the round up from the last 7 days or so, and normal service will be resumed tomorrow.
- Traktor DJ for iPhone arrives, and here’s a video to show you how good it is
- Turnado for iPad arrives, an amazing effects app with Audiobus, Jack and Audiocopy built in from day one. Here’s a video too.
- The Oscillator arrives from the maker of BitWiz and AudioShare
Apps getting on the Audiobus:
- StepPolyArp now on the bus
- BitWiz is on the bus too now (one of my fav apps)
- Alchemy Synth gets on the bus in a big update to this great app
- Yellofier on the bus too
- Spectral Eye jumps on
- Vio also on the bus
- 76 Synthesizer gets on the bus in a surprise update
- Amidio’s remote app gets a big update
- Gestrument gets a big update with some nice new MIDI features, there’s a video on the MIDI CC, and on the Hold and Glide too
- Amidio updates OMGuitar with Audiobus and lots more. I have to say that I’m glad to see so much activity from Amidio again. I’m really looking forward to the next round of updates from them
- nils adds Sphero control, which is amazing as I love nils, and I think that the kind of control you can get using Sphero is really amazing. You can see what it does here.
- Lazer Kat Records arrives, the first iOS focused label, which is an interesting development, although I’d have to say that it isn’t a huge surprise. I’ll be looking forward to hearing what they put out over the coming months.
- If you’re interested in the wider Digital Music business then you might want to have a listen to / watch DMT (Digital Music Trends).
- I’m always interested to understand the reasoning behind a product, so this Sonoma interview on the development of the GuitarJack was worthwhile
- JamStik has arrived on crowdfunding platform Indiegogo. It’ll be interesting to see how they get on there
- Matthias Krebs has a really good set of slides on Android music making.
Other app news:
- GlitchBreaks turns 1 year old!
- Jack connection kit gets an update. The free competitor to Audiobus now gives you the ability to start / stop from within the Jack control app.
- Tutorial on PixiLang and Sunvox
- Only really useful if you’re an OP-1 user, but this drum tutorial is worth watching
I hope that was useful, see you tomorrow for lots more mobile news.