I didn’t expect to see an update to this app, but it’s great to see anyway as the app is lovely. I especially like the ‘acclaimed’ in the description of Audiobus. Here’s what’s in the update.
- Audiobus support and background audio. Use 76 Synthesizer as an input device for the acclaimed Audiobus multitasking system in conjunction with your favourite music apps! Control 76 Synthesizer with MIDI while it’s running in the background.
- General audio engine improvements.
Something new from the maker of one of my favourite apps.
Simple and elegant tone generator with two Oscillators and one Noise generator, each with individual lowpass filters.
Use it for testing purposes or to make old-school electronic drone music.
All three modules have amplitude control and lowpass filter. The oscillators can produce one of four waveforms: sine, triangle, sawtooth and square.
Supports Audiobus: Stream the audio output in real time into other audiobus compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information.
The Oscillator is priced at $0.99 for now as an introductory offer.
I mention this because of the impending Noatikl for iOS, which I’m really looking forward to. Here’s what’s new in Noatikl 2.2.7:
Key changes are related to Template previewing and allowing you to drag voices around in the Network Editor so as to better organise your pieces.
- Template Previewing with improved merging into piece:
- File-& New: Modified to use Cancel / New / Merge (show merge only if not wavetable);
- Tap to preview the template (you can now hear it before you use it!)
- Press New/Merge button to complete the operation
- Merge is disabled if the template uses a custom wavetable
- Removed Noatikl: Edit -& Add Template, Edit -& Add From File
- Improved Network view:
- Improved the layout – much cleaner, only show active midi/synth/effect channels
- Inactive channels are revealed when you drag cable from any Voice…
- Added operation: drag-around voices to re-order them
- Removed operation: drag from MIDI cell to Voice cell (instead, just drag a voice to a MIDI cell)
- File -& Merge:
- Available to you if you already have a file open, and want to merge in another noatikl or partikl file
- Fixes issue where Noatikl sometimes doubled-up Note Off events
Vio update detail:
- adds support for Audiobus
- adds support for landscape view on iPad (in iOS Settings > Vio)
- brightened star, share and record icons on the main screen
- advanced settings are now visible by default
- adds ability to log out of Dropbox account (in iOS Settings > Vio)
- performance and stability improvements