Here’s what’s new:
- Math Expression node (Math -> Expr). Enter textual math expressions, like “2*x + y +z”. Available as an upgrade, this node has a variety of uses, including: unit conversion, control-signal mapping, wave-shaping or building custom oscillators. It can also be used when doing math with individual nodes is too cumbersome.
- Timing mode (the little stopwatch button below the lock mode button). This shows timings for all the nodes so you can optimize your patch. This is available as an upgrade.
- The Oscillator node now has an amplitude input. If the amplitude is zero, the oscillator takes up much less CPU. Synth patches will see a big performance improvement from driving the Osc amplitude with the ADSR.
- Significant improvement in loading times. Indicate progress while loading.
- No waiting to close a patch. Patches are saved in the background.
- Audio engine optimizations. The audio engine now takes various shortcuts when values aren’t changing.
- Improved responsiveness of the on-screen keyboard.
- Bug fixes.
I was expecting JACK integration. Never mind.