In case you missed it from yesterday, here’s all the details for iMIDIPatchBay which arrived on the app store yesterday.
iMIDIPatchbay lets you organize your whole MIDI setup from one central point. Do you often divide your keyboard into zones to assign different sounds which eventually come from external sound expanders? You want to integrate your music making apps into your live gear? Well, then iMIDIPatchbay is definitely the right tool for you!
LIST OF FEATURES
- Create split and layer configurations very easily
- Send volume and other control changes (reverb, chorus, pan) to your sound devices
- Send program changes to your sound devices
- Transpose sounds in octave steps
- Filter controller data (sustain, pitch-bend, modulation, expression, aftertouch)
- Store configurations as programs for later recall
- Switch programs of iMIDIPatchbay from another app or MIDI device via program changes
- Switch programs while holding down keys or holding e.g. the sustain pedal without getting stuck notes
- UI which is optimized for live usage
WHAT EXACTLY CAN I DO WITH iMIDIPatchbay?
As a keyboard player, you most probably know about splitting and layering sounds. While this can be done relatively easy on professional keyboards, it becomes more complex if your gear consists of multiple keyboards and sound expanders. iMIDIPatchbay makes building such configurations a lot easier than it has ever been before.
After connecting your keyboard and other MIDI devices to the iPad, you can easily create split zones and assign sounds of your MIDI devices to them. It’s also possible to route the MIDI data to other apps if they have a virtual MIDI port. Furthermore, you can filter out controllers which is great if you want e.g. pitch bend or sustain to affect only a subset of the active sounds.
WHAT DO I NEED TO GET STARTED?
You need a CoreMIDI interface to connect your keyboards and sound expanders to the iPad.
WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE?
Go to iMIDIPatchbay’s website in order to find a more detailed description of the app. If you encounter problems, please let me help you (you find the mail address on the website and on the info screen within the app). Please note that there is no way to respond to you if you post a review on the App Store instead. Always email me first!
The app is priced at $54.99. However, there’s a free ‘lite’ version too.
iMIDIPatchBay (full) on the app store:
iMIDIPatchBay (lite) on the app store: