CMI iOS App, Audiobus, and why you’ll need to get an actual bus soon
A big thank you to Kongobot for this new about the Peter Vogel CMI app which is getting some big updates in its version 1.5 (including, well, you can see for yourself right). So, what’s in the update?
Here you go:
- Major App rewrite, with lots of improvements.
- Audiobus support, both input and output. Send any audio to other apps, or sample new voices from the output of other apps.
- New Synthesiser and Sequencer Engines. Better accuracy, lower CPU use, new features like polyphonic channels.
- Background synth and song playing. Play your song in the background, or use external keyboards to play your selected voices while another app is in the foreground. Great for looping.
- Stereo voices, voices from MP3, view waveforms and play voices before importing them.
- Page R step/pattern navigation while playing. No need to stop first.
- Skip the startup floppy disk to get right into composing.
The other really important news is the CMI ‘on the bus‘ competition.
Now, that’s a brilliant idea! I can’t wait to see some entries for this. You can read all the details of what you need to do right here, but suffice it to say that you want to find out more about this!