Designed by a musician for musicians Drums by Asrodot brings a novel twist to drumming on the iPad.
Ask a drummer or a percussionist what a wooden coffee table sounds like. He or she will reply that every inch of the table sounds differently. Some parts of the table will sound somewhat like a bass drum. Other parts of the table will sound more like a rimshot. Parts in-between will sound like a mixture of both.
A drummer or a percussionist placed behind a wooden coffee table will soon discover many different sounds the table has to offer and use it to create stunning rhythms. Much to the joy of the drummer/percussionist, and possibly to the annoyance of the other people sitting at the table. The table metaphor has been used in the creation of Drums by Asrodot. Using the real estate of the iPad screen it has been made sure that every pixel sounds just a little bit different, which makes drumming on the iPad come to life. Want to create drumrolls with subtle accents every third note? Now you can.
This does not mean that Drums by Asrodot sounds like a coffee-table. The app comes loaded with six drum kits tailored for various styles of music.
- Expressive: Quick and responsive action. Every pixel sounds just a little different.
- 6 Drum Kits: Cajón, Xylophone, Jazz, IDM, Drum&Bass 1 + 2.
- Distortion: Increase gain to add a tube-like distortion that can dramatically change the sound.
- Delay Module: With tweakable time, feedback and mix settings.
- Customizable: Designed for both right-handed and left-handed drummers.
The app is priced at $0.99