I’d be interested to know if anyone’s used this and what they think of it. Here’s the description:
Special Introductory Sale – 25% Off! Offer valid until January 15th!
The Arpeggionome Pro is a professional MIDI controller designed specifically for iPad. With the Arpeggionome Pro, you design and perform intricate patterns of musical notes at incredible speeds and with precise control.
ARPEGGIONOME VS ARPEGGIONOME PRO
The Arpeggionome Pro is the professional version of its predecessor, the Arpeggionome. The Arpeggionome Pro features a redesigned interface, a robust MIDI implementation, parameter-change quantization, and much more.
For a detailed side-by-side comparison, please see www.alexandernaut.com/arpreggionome-vs-arpeggionomepro.
A ROCK-SOLID MIDI IMPLEMENTATION
The Arpeggionome Pro’s MIDI implementation is finely tuned to control external MIDI devices, digital audio workstations (such as Ableton Live, Logic, and Pro Tools), and other iOS MIDI Applications (such as GarageBand, Animoog, and DM1).
Compatible MIDI Connections:
- Virtual MIDI ports of other iOS MIDI applications
- ‘Core MIDI’ compatible hardware interfaces
- MIDI over WiFi
- MIDI over Bluetooth
MIDI Output Features Include:
- Send MIDI on any of 16 channels
- Select between four Note Gate Modes (Manual, Mono, Legato, and Legato+)
- Control Note Velocity with Knob or Accelerometer
- Control Note Gate with Knob or Accelerometer
- Transmit MIDI CC Messages with Accelerometer
- Transmit Pitchbend Messages with Accelerometer
- Transmit MIDI CC and Pitchbend on any channel
- Adjustable data-range of Accelerometer-controlled messages
MIDI Input Features Include:
- MIDI Time Clock synchronization.
- Externally set the Arpeggionome Pro’s pattern with a MIDI keyboard.
- Externally set the Arpeggionome Pro’s pattern with Program Change messages.
- Quantize the Arpeggionome Pro’s first note to external MIDI Source.
DESIGN AN ARPEGGIO FROM SCRATCH…
The Performance Matrix is the Arpeggionome Pro’s main interface component.
- Touch any Control Point in the Performance Matrix to trigger the notes in the pattern.
- Move your finger left and right to set the reference-note of the pattern.
- Move your finger up and down to set the pattern’s rate
- Control up to 240 notes per second, nearly 15,000 notes per minute.
Six button-matrices and eight touch-knobs are used to design the Arpeggionome Pro’s pattern.
- Key – sets the musical key
- Scale – sets the musical scale
- Notes – sets the number of unique notes
- Step Distance – sets the distance between each note
- Notes Style – sets how the pattern moves between notes
- Alignment – sets how the pattern is justified from the reference-note
- Octave Range – sets the starting and ending octaves of the pattern
- Octave Style – sets how the pattern moves between octaves
- Rates – set the pattern’s rate to 50% or 25%.
- Octave Offset – shift the pattern’s starting octave
- Note Offset – shifts the pattern’s starting note
- Velocity – sets MIDI Note Velocity for each note triggered
- Gate – changes the length of each note triggered
- Tempo – sets the global tempo
The button-matrices and touch-knobs are also designed for performance.
- Button-matrices set on touch-down events
- Group 1 Touch-Knobs (Key, Scale, Rates, Octave, and Note) set on touch-up events
- Group 2 Touch-Knobs (Velocity, Gate, and Tempo) continuously set
… OR USE A PRESET
The Arpeggionome Pro includes a Pattern Library with a wide selection of presets. You can also save your own patterns to the Pattern Library. Additionally, eight pattern-buttons and two arrow-buttons provide quick access to the Pattern Library, enabling you to change and save patterns while performing.
- A simple built-in synthesizer
- Beautiful and informative visual feedback
- Integrated documentation
- Backup, restore, and transfer patterns between devices via iTunes File Sharing.
The app is priced at $14.99