Shiverware have brought their new new performance app to iOS and it looks pretty amazing. Here’s what to expect:
Musix Pro is the most innovative app for performing music. Music theory is baked right in through the use of a technique called isomorphic note layouts. Novices learn to play in minutes, and professionals benefit from built-in harmonic relationships between notes. Unlike other music apps, Musix Pro provides a wide range of octaves, scales, keys, chords and modes, without limiting your creativity. With multiple built-in instruments and support for OSC and Core/Virtual Midi, most existing synthesizers work beautifully with Musix Pro as a controller.
Traditional musical instruments are difficult to learn because notes are arranged based on physical constraints. Musix Pro arranges notes based on their harmonic and musical relationships instead, allowing shapes and patterns to emerge that unlock the mathematical beauty of music.
Why Musix Pro:
- Learn how to play every major and minor chord in minutes
- Play along with your favourite song without practicing for years
- Learn one pattern and instantly play in any key
- Explore the harmonic relationships between notes
- Play along with your friends without being an expert
- Realize your own personal musicality
What is Musix Pro:
- The easiest way to play music
- A professional musical instrument and midi controller
- A music theory learning tool
- An isomorphic layout creator and experimentation app
- A melody exploration device
- Core/Virtual Midi, OSC
- 8 Built-in instruments (2 New)
- Hexagonal and Rectangular layouts
- Multiple built-in note arrangements
- Custom layout generation and saving
- Colourize different notes based on key, scale, and mode
- Label notes based on Solfege, or Note name
- Multiple note sizes
- Multiple color patterns
- Note Overlap (play 3-note chords with one finger)
- Retina Support
- Full iPhone Support
Works as a controller for:
- NLog Synth Pro
- Arctic Keys
- Many other apps and devices
Musix Pro is key agnostic, which means is that once you have learned a musical pattern (like a chord or a scale) that pattern is the same for all keys, even the dreaded A-Flat! Sharps and flats appear in the right place automatically, through the mathematical magic of isomorphism. You can learn to play melodies on a traditional keyboard by playing them on Musix Pro and watching where the sharps and flats go.
Songwriters benefit by discovering new melodies and musical relationships. Novices find it easy to learn to play. Experienced musicians are rewarded with an intuitive interface. Keys can be resized to fit your style – start with “epic”-sized keys, and as you get better you can shrink the keys fill the screen with notes.
Isomorphic keyboards are found on traditional and new instruments, from concertinas, accordions, and “jammers” to Janko keyboards, harmonic-table devices and more. Musix Pro is the only way to access all isomorphic note arrangements in one powerful customizable application.
Musix Pro comes with a set of built-in layouts, each with its own pros and cons. The harmonic table layout allows you to play any major chord by touching three hexes with one finger. Wicki-Hayden makes modulating between pentatonic scales a breeze. Try them all and find one that works for you.
Musix Pro allows you to change the colour of the notes in your layout. You can colour the notes white and black like a piano; you can colour the notes of any scale or mode (like D-flat mixolidian) and you can colour notes based on tone centre. Notes can be labeled with movable or fixed solfege or with the traditional note name (spelled based on the key and mode).
The app is priced at $4.99