Developped by a composer, uPhase+ is a virtual instrument geared towards live play. It focuses on giving the player total control over phasing patterns that can be spatialized on up to seven devices.
A “Solo Mode” acts as the app’s lab, allowing the player to refine and save patterns before setting up a networked session.
uPhase+ is a door to Interactive Minimalism.
- 12 Video tutorials on uPhase.wordpress.com help you to make the most of uPhase+.
- Conceived from the ground up for iPad, fully multi-touch interface.
- Beautifully recorded piano samples, modifiable in real-time via an in-app sample editor (all samples by Bluemorfo).
- Network up to 7 devices via wifi to spatialize patterns.
- When networking devices, only one of them needs to run uPhase+. The others can connect via the free companion app, uPhase Client.
- Example Session included to get you going.
- Crisp graphics take advantage of the New iPad’s retina display.
- Optimized to require very little bandwidth, even when networking 7 devices.
- Depending on demand and feasability, future updates will add requested features. WAV output is for the moment at the top of the list.
The app is priced at $4.99, but the client app is free.