A synthesizer allowing control of pitch, shape, frequency/amplitude modulation and low-pass filter by hand-drawing of waveforms.
The screen has three areas; waveform drawing area, control selection, utility functions.
In the waveform drawing area you can drag your finger to change or draw a new shape that affects the sounds playing.
Control selection has eight options that control the sound –
- Red: Primary waveform.
- Orange: Primary frequency (i.e. the main melody).
- Yellow: Secondary waveform (used as amplitude or frequency modulation of the first waveform, or as a second oscillator).
- Green: Secondary frequency.
- Cyan: Envelope (i.e. the volume shape for the playing sound).
- Blue: Envelope frequency.
- Purple: Mixer control, between the playing sound and any running loop.
- Magenta: Low-pass filter cutoff frequency.
Utility functions are eight options that control how the waveform is edited and looping –
- Draw: When this option is selected the waveform changes instantly as you draw it.
- Slide: When this option is selected the waveform will slide from its current value to what you draw.
- Line: When this option is selected the waveform will change a horizontal line at the point selected. On the Primary waveform (Red) this option is not allowed.
- Sine: When this is pressed the waveform will become more like a sine wave.
- Overtone: When this is pressed a 2nd harmonic will be added.
- Soften: When this is pressed any rough edges on the current waveform will be softened
- Record: Pressing this will start a loop being recorded. If Record is pressed again after starting to record an echo of the time between presses will be created.
- Play: If Record has been pressed then pressing Play after it will create a loop of what was playing between the presses. If a loop is already playing, pressing Play again will stop it.
The app is priced at $0.99.