Some new things and some fixes in the latest version of Changeling Sequencer. Here’s the detail:
1. Fixes a bug with the arpeggiator on IOS 6.
2. New MIDI IN features:
In Diatonic mode:
- The white keys on your physical keyboard correspond with the on-screen scale degrees; C = I, D = ii etc.
- The black keys are remapped to the serve the following functions:
- Db: cycle scale down
- Eb: cycle scale up
- Gb: cycle root note down by the configured ‘modulation interval’ (default is semitone)
- Ab: absolute root note change, the following key you press will be the root note
- Bb: cycle root note up by the configured modulation interval
In Gated Input mode
- All midi notes that are not part of the current scale are discarded.
- This can be used for importing exisiting midi sequences into a pattern from an external midi sequencer/player.
When the Trigger screen is active in Changeling Sequencer,
- Midi notes can be used to trigger patterns the default mapping starts at midi note 48
- Triggers are added to the queue unless the velocity is larger than 100, then they will change the pattern immediately.
- Use midi learn to assign midi CC’s to the available parameters.