The long awaited new version arrives with awesome features. Here’s what’s new:
- Audio tracks with disk streaming support
- Support for USB class audio interfaces on iPad via Camera Connection Kit
- Record up to 8 audio tracks simultaneously (current iOS limitation)
- Gain and noise gate on audio inputs
- Sample drag’n’drop on drum machine via “Quick Load” feature
- Event recording is now allowed anywhere in the app
- Patterns can be dragged directly on the song editor
- Sample streaming in drum and keyboard samplers (samples are not loaded in RAM)
- Automatic audition of samples in browser
- New auto-loop mode for pads (quantized)
- Revamped iPod Library import
- Sustain pedal is now supported in the keyboard sampler and is editable in the pattern editor
- Keyboard sampler now supports layers
- Revamped sampler mapping editor
- Retina graphic content for the 3rd generation iPad
- Receive MIDI clock messages for tempo synchronization
- App Settings: Added OMNI and input clock
- More automatizable parameters: Auto-pan sync and sync toggle / Effects bypass / LFO sync rate / Invert ADSR / Tune, Fine-Tune / Filter key / Pads reverse and mute / Mixer track mute and solo / Sustain pedal
Improvements and bug fixes
- Fix crash when resetting auto-scale on an empty pads
- Fix noise when looping very small samples
- Fix issue with installing BeatMaker 1 ‘bmkz’ files
- Fix sampling rate issue with some accessories (ie. Apple Digital AV Adapter)
- Fix behavior of MIDI virtual input ports
- Install BMKZ kits when using Dropbox
- Other minor fixes and engine improvements
- Update to Dropbox SDK v1.2.2
- Improve preset/projects file format (quicker load/save)
Ok, it’s just a minor bug fix release for Auria, but, it is still at it’s launch price of $49.99.
Some cool new things coming in the next version of TC-11 Multi-Touch Synthesizer.
Groups for organising patches.
And quick load too …
I’ve been playing with this app for a little while now. It’s a little like RJDJ and some of the other augmented apps I’ve posted on before, so if you like that kind of application on your iPhone it might be something you’d like to try.
Personally I like this kind of application, and I like this one as it adopts a scene type approach which gives a variety of different audio approaches.
It’s obvious that a lot of work has gone into the design of each scene. I think it’s something that I will be using for a long while to come.
Here’s the app’s description:
Lis10er (Listener) 1.0 is a binaural audio augmented reality iPhone application that creates an “augmented soundspace”, warping and mixing the sounds from the microphone with prerecorded imagined sounds. Lis10er is designed by Matteo Milani and Federico Placidi (aka U.S.O. Project) in collaboration with Tue Haste Andersen.
Lis10er is an application that places the emphasis on the surfaces of the world in which we live. It has been developed keeping in mind the issue of “environmental lis10ing” in everyday activities, like traveling, walking, reading.
Mixing “live” sounds and their aural context with designed sounds creates a new “virtual Place” where the lis10er can immerse himself and develop an active aural consciousness in order to better understand the physical and social context which describe and define our everyday life.
The app interconnects places, everyday situations and sonic awareness.
Lis10er promotes a creative mode of lis10ing.
Lis10er is priced at $3.99.
Just a little update for BS-16i, but some improvements …
- Improved Virtual MIDI / Background compatibility with other apps
- Improved CoreMIDI device detection
I realised that having posted all the videos of Cassini I hadn’t posted the specs. So, here it is:
3 OSCs + 2 Filters + AMP + 9 EGs + 6 LFOs + 3band EQ + Saturator + 2 Delays + Arpeggiator
3 Oscillators + 1 Sub-Osc
- Sawtooth, Pulse(PWM), Triangle, Sine, Noise, FM
- Waveshape Modulation
- Oscillator Sync
- Ring Modulation
- LP24, LP18, LP12, LP6, BP, HP
- 3 Band EQ
- Auto Pan
9 Envelope Generators
- DAHDSR (Delay, Attack, Hold, Decay, Sustain, Release)
- Velocity, Keyboard Tracking
- Sawtooth, Pulse, Triangle, Random, 16 Step Sequence
- Waveshape Modulation
- Delay Time: 1-2000ms / Tempo Sync
- Delay Time Modulation
Filtered Stereo Delay
- Resonant Filter (LP, BP, HP)
- Filter Modulation
- Programable Polyphonic Arpeggiator
- Scale/Chord Remapper
- CoreMIDI (input)
- Virtual MIDI-IN & Background Audio
- Scrollable keyboard (Horizontal scrolling at the bottom edge of the keyboard)
- Audio Copy (Compatible with INTUA BeatMaker, Apple GarageBand and so on.)
- Export wav file via iTunes File Sharing
- The recording time is limited to 3 minutes.
Just a quick reminder that the AndroidMusician site is now live and out of beta. Definitely worth checking out if you’re an Android user.