I’ve been meaning to post about this for a little while now. This is one of those apps that seems to have aimed at the starter segment of the DJ market, which is a good place to aim.
So if you’ve not decided if you want to use your iPad for DJ’ing, then you might want to give DJ Studio a look as it’s free (with expansion IAPs).
Here’s the app’s description:
Got 2 minutes to make some music? DJ Studio is built to help you find – and release – your Inner DJ.
The idea is simple: We built a powerful DJ App which requires no skill to use and we packed it full of great Loops & Samples from top Artists & DJs in House music styles. Then we folded in some advanced features and premium content options which you can unlock at your own pace.
The result: you’re officially a DJ!
DJ Studio for iPad brings DJ-ing to a different level, for beginners and professionals alike.
- Browse builit-in library of Loop & Samples and drop onto your 4×4 Deck
- Tap Pads to play – auto-sync means you’re always on the Beat
- Manipulate Level, Mute and FX Send for each Pad
- Mixer provides Level/Mute, EQ and FX Send on 4 independent channels
- Delay FX Unit provided will autoset its parameters to match Tempo
- Save your Sets and Record your Live Performances
- Absolutely no experience required
- It’s FREE!
In-App Purchase Options
Once you’ve mastered DJ Studio, you might want to step up your DJ game, so we’ve made the following In-App purchases available:
Pro Features Upgrade
Unlocks limitations on some functions and adds pro-DJ features
- Full (4×4) Pad Matrix: The Free App gives you 2 channels of 4 Pads (2×4) – the Pro Features Upgrade unlocks the full 4×4 Deck
- Save your Sets: The Pro Features Upgrade allows you to save unlimitied Sets, so you can quickly build up ready-to-go material
- Unlimited Recording: Recordings in the Free App are limited to 3 minutes – the Pro Features Upgrade removes the limitation
- Multiple EQ Types: The Free App comes with Low-Pass Filter EQs – the Pro Features Upgrade enables multiple EQ types (Low-pass, High-pass, Parametric)
Pro Content Upgrade
Adds Content to your library, in Loop and long-form Mixtools format
- Beef up your Building Blocks: Get tons more options in Bass, Drum/Music Loops, Percussion, Vocals and FX categories
- Progressive Mixtools Stems: The Mixtools format breaks down tracks by top Artists in progressive stems covering drum grooves, percussion tops, synths, effect builds, breakdowns and drops – saving you time and effort so you can focus on being creative
iOS 5.x or higher and a desire for fun