Impakton turns any surface into a playable percussive instrument. You just slap your desk like a real drum, the transient acoustic signal is fed into the physical modeling engine and turned into the desired sound. That makes Impakton an extremely expressive instrument. Drop a coin on the desk, select any of the membramophones presets and you will hear the sound of the coin dancing on a membrane.
- Semi modular architecture
- Physical modeling + frequency modulation + noise shaping synthesis.
- Multimode filter
- LFO and input velocity can modulate any parameter
- 4×4 loop recorder
- Recording quantization and metronome
- Reverb, delay, chorus, flanger and phaser effects available on the send bus
The app requires headphones.
The app will be available for iPhone 4,4s and iPad 2,3 devices.
Estimated release date: July 2012
(Via the BeepStreet forum, with thanks to Matthias for emailing me the info)