I’m not sure if I saw this when it first came out, but even if I did it is free at the moment and worth a look. Here’s all about iPhase:
!!!!!!!FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!
iPhase is a generative music application made by Mikael Holmqvist.
Create amazing beats and melodies with the swipe of your fingers and watch it bounce back and forth on the iPhase grid. Choose from 5 different instruments and drum kits and 14 different musical scales.
Make sure to use loudspeakers or headphones for best possible sound quality!
NEW IN iPHASE 2.0
- Make more complex and better sounding beats with “bounceEdges”
- Save/Load function
- SHARE your beats to the iPhase Community and listen/play along/vote for others.
- Play iPhase arcade modes
- SWIPE in any direction to create a TONE. Tones are higher towards the top and right side of the grid. The tones will move on the grid in the swipe direction and continue bouncing between the edges of the grid and the start position of the tone. Every grid edge have its own instrument and you can change the setup whenever you want using the instrument buttons.
- TAP the grid to create a BOUNCE EDGE. When a tone hit a bounce edge, it will turn 90 degrees and change instrument. Tap again to change the orientation of the bounce edge and tap a third time to remove the bounce edge from the grid.
- The tones are arranged in PENTATONIC MUSICAL SCALES which makes every swipe sound good. You can change the scales choosing from a total of 14 major and minor scales – the possibilities are endless!
- Use the PLAY/PAUSE BUTTON to pause your beat. Tones can still be created in pause mode and this can be used to make your beat more precise.
- Use the LOOP MODE TOGGLE BUTTON to switch loop mode on and off. This can be used to first create a cool beat in loop mode and then switch it off to start playing some melody to your beat.
- SHAKE your device to create a RANDOM BEAT. Good when you run out of ideas and want some inspiration from chance.
- SAVE your beats with the SAVE BUTTON. They will then be found in “my saved beats” on the main menu.
THE iPHASE COMMUNITY
One of the biggest new features of iPhase 2.0 is the iPhase Community. Share your beats to the community and listen to (and play along with) others. There is also a rating system and you can vote for beats on a scale from 1-5.
ARCADE- and ∏ MODE
- There are 2 new arcade modes available in iPhase 2.0. Standard arcade mode is a memory game ála “Simon Says”.
- The second arcade mode is called π-mode and is not unlocked until you score 30 points or more in arcade mode.
- TOP 10 high scores from both arcade modes will be shown in the iPhase Community!
ENJOY!! and remember to use headphones/loudspeakers for best sound quality!!
- MAJOR update, includes
- SAVE/LOAD function
- iPhase Community – share your beats online and listen (and play along) with others
- arcade modes
- pentatonic musical scales
- and much more (see description)