It’s arrived a day early. NI’s iMaschine is here, and here are the details:
iMaschine – THE GROOVE SKETCH PAD
iMASCHINE is an intuitive and powerful beat sketch pad for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad perfect for developing song ideas anytime, anywhere.
Play and record drums on the 16 pads, jam a melody on the keyboard, sing on top of your loops via the built-in audio recorder or create your own unique sample banks from any source – With iMASCHINE the focus is always on the music. And when you’re done, you can directly upload your track to SoundCloud and share with your friends, or finalize it in the studio if you own Native Instruments’ MASCHINE hardware.
iMASCHINE is a professional instrument designed for beat producers of all levels – you don’t need to have experience to create fresh beats. With its intuitive threshold-based pad sampling, note repeat, auto-loop length feature, professional onboard mixer with six studio effects and the unique audio recording function, iMASCHINE makes it easy to instantly create grooves whenever the mood hits.
Use the included drum kits and melodic sounds, all in professional WAV-format, or expand your library with the iMASCHINE Expansions – available directly from your device via the in-app store.
About MASCHINE – the computer-based groove production studio
Create tight rhythms, harmonies and melodies in moments with MASCHINE – the highly enjoyable computer-based instrument that combines a pattern-based sequencer, professional sampler, multi-effect unit and VST/AU plug-in host. Everything is intuitively controllable via the fully integrated hardware – once you touch the tactile controller the fun and intuitive workflow takes over, allowing you to stay focused on what matters – the music.
MASCHINE is constantly evolving; the latest 1.6 free update makes it possible to plug any VST® or Audio Unit™ plug in into MASCHINE, with parameters auto-mapped to the controller so you can immediately start tweaking your sounds.
Key Features of iMaschine:
- * 16 pads for playing the included drum and one-shot samples
- * Library includes 10 projects, 26 kits and 466 individual samples (170MB of WAV sounds)
- * Pad sampling mode: record your own one-shot sample through the built-in iPhone microphone
- * Keyboard mode with two manuals for playing chords, bass and melodies
- * Note repeat function with 4th, 8th, 16th, 16th triplets, 32th for keyboard and drum pad mode
- * Audio recorder mode lets you record vocal ideas through the built-in iPhone microphone
- * Assign any of the 4 groups to pad, keyboard or audio recorder mode (i.e. have a pocket 4-track recorder)
- * Mixer page includes two send effects with Delay, Flanger, Chorus, LoFi, HP, BP and LP filters
- * The live-mode sequencer automatically detects the recorded loop length
- * Finished song idea can be exported with one touch as an audio file or uploaded to SoundCloud
- * Project (including samples) can be exported to MASCHINE for finalizing in your studio environment
- * Additional drum kits and instrument sounds can be easily purchased through the in-app store
The app is priced at $4.99