We’ve been waiting for NI to do something and now they have! iMASCHINE is coming soon! Here are the details:
The first ever Native Instruments iPhone® and iPod touch® App is an intuitive and powerful beat sketchpad based on MASCHINE’s groove production studio concept. iMASCHINE is perfect for developing song ideas anytime, anywhere – Play and record drums on the 16 pads, jam a melody on the keyboard, sing on top of your loops via the built-in audio recorder or create your own unique sample banks from any source – With iMASCHINE the focus is always on the music. And when you’re done, you can finalize your track in the full version of MASCHINE or MASCHINE MIKRO or directly upload it to SoundCloud and share with your friends.
iMASCHINE will be available at the iTunes App Store for $ 4.99 / 3.99 € from October 1st.
iMASCHINE is a professional instrument designed for beat producers of all levels – you don’t need to have experience with MASCHINE to create spontaneous beats. With its intuitive threshold-based pad sampling, note repeat, auto-loop length feature, professional on-board mixer with six studio effects and the unique audio recording function, iMASCHINE makes it easy to instantly create grooves whenever the mood hits.
Use the included drum kits and melodic sounds, all in professional WAV-format, or expand your library with the iMASCHINE EXPANSIONS – available directly from your device via the in-app store.
- 16 pads for playing the included drums and one-shot samples
- Library includes 10 projects, 25 kits and over 400 individual samples (100 MB of WAV sounds)
- Pad sampling mode: record your own one-shot sample through the built-in iPhone® microphone
- Keyboard mode with two manuals for playing chords, bass and melodies
- Note repeat function with 4th, 8th, 16th, 16th triplets, 32th for keyboard and drum pad mode
- Audio recorder mode lets you record vocal ideas through the built-in iPhone® microphone
- Assign any of the 4 groups to pad, keyboard or audio recorder mode (e.g. use it as pocket 4-track recorder)
- Mixer page includes two send effects with Delay, Flanger, Chorus, LoFi, HP, BP and LP filters
- The live-mode sequencer automatically detects the recorded loop length
- Finished song idea can be exported with one touch as an audio file or uploaded to SoundCloud
- Project (including samples) can be exported to MASCHINE for finalizing in your studio environment
- Additional drum kits and instrument sounds can be easily purchased through the in-app store
What it runs on:
- iOS 4.3 or higher*
- iPod touch® 3G or higher
- iPhone® 3GS or higher
- iPad® 1 or 2