A different MIDI app arrives at the app store. Here are the details:
MidiBridge is a utility that interconnects all MIDI interfaces (external and network) on an iOS device.
Supported external interfaces include Line6 Midi Mobilizer I and Midi Mobilizer II, IK Multimedia iRig MIDI and all other CoreMIDI devices that are compatible with iOS via the USB camera kit on iPad. For CoreMIDI support, iOS 4.2 or greater is required.
Use MidiBridge to:
- Connect any external MIDI equipment to a remote computer or other iOS device (iOS > 4.2) wirelessly
- Clone MIDI data from any input to any set of outputs
- Filter incoming MIDI data on each input
- Filter outgoing MIDI data on each output
- Merge incoming inputs to one or more outputs
- Split incoming MIDI data (using filters) across any set of outputs
- Events can be filtered by type (Note/Program/Controller/Sysex/Aftertouch/TimeSong) and MIDI channel
- MIDI interface ports can be given a user friendly name
- Initiates CoreMIDI network connections from your iOS device
- Visual indication of what is connected to where at all times
- Visual indication of MIDI events received, sent and blocked
- Visual indication of CoreMIDI network connections
- Highlight all connections to/from any MIDI input or output.
- Keeps track of your MIDI interfaces and restores connections/filters automatically
- MidiBridge is delivered as a universal binary so purchase once and run on all iOS devices you own
- Streamlined efficient code passes/filters events very quickly
Suggested uses for MidiBridge include:
- Connect your battery operated keyboard/drum controller into your iOS device and connect it wirelessly to perform on stage with no cables.
- Connect a MIDI transport surface wirelessly to your computer and move around your studio controlling your DAW transport with no cables.
- Duplicate MIDI events from one external device to another and to a remote MIDI destination wirelessly at the same time.
- Use as an inline MIDI filter, cloner, merger or splitter
Please see our website for full details including the user instructions and limitations in iOS CoreMIDI relating to system exclusive messages.
The app is priced at $8.99