The long wait is over, GMS arrives today! Here are the details:
Genome MIDI Sequencer (GMS) is a pattern based MIDI sequencer. It’s simply the best app on the iPad for controlling all your MIDI gear. You can sequence single patterns or an entire 16 track song.
GMS is fun, easy and portable. Whether you want to make music from the couch, a hotel room or on stage, GMS is the right tool for the job.
It is great for people looking to try an alternate studio setup, searching for a compact sequencer to bring to band practice or those who just want to find a way to ditch the bulky laptop.
GMS easily syncs your drum machines and arpeggiators by sending and receiving MIDI clock messages. General MIDI files are easily exported and imported for integration with desktop apps.
GMS is compatible with the Line6 MIDI Mobilizer and any interfaces that support CoreMIDI using the Camera Connection Kit or Network MIDI. Network MIDI allows you to send events to your Mac Desktop or to other iOS devices and apps.
NOTE: GMS does does not produce any sounds by itself. Some MIDI gear or software synths are required to use this app.
- CoreMIDI, Line6 Mobilizer Mk I & II compatible
- Supports Network MIDI
- Sends and Receives MIDI Clock Sync, Start and Stop events
- Also sends Note On, Note Off, Pitch Bend, Aftertouch, Channel Pressure and CC’s
- Pattern Based, pattern changes occur on bar boundaries so song stays in sync
- On screen keyboard interface
- Up to 16 simultaneous tracks, unlimited number of patterns
- Song / live modes
- Record incoming CC’s and Notes
- Undo / redo for most actions
The app is priced at $12.99