Audiofile Engineering release FiRe Studio. Here’s what to expect:
The All New FiRe Studio is based on our industry leading FiRe 2 – Field Recorder, widely recognized by audio professionals as “best in class.” With FiRe Studio, we decided to take things to the next level and create an 8-track recorder geared for musicians and recording enthusiasts.
FiRe Studio was created for audio professionals by audio professionals. It’s powerful enough for the most experienced musicians and recording engineers, and its efficient workflow and intuitive interface makes it a breeze for business and casual use.
FiRe Studio is built exclusively for iPhone and iPod touch and is brought to you by the minds at Audiofile Engineering. Combining powerful, elegant and uncluttered audio utilities with unparalleled technical support, Audiofile Engineering is one of the most innovative and experienced audio software developers for OS X and the iOS.
Other features include:
- Record in mono and stereo, 16-bit, 48 kHz
- Live waveform view including rectified view
- Live overview for easy navigation
- Scroll waveform with touch
- Navigate waveform via double-tap with configurable behavior
- Moveable Playback Head
- Tap Playback Head handle to add markers
- Editable Markers and Regions
- Detailed Mixer (rotate to landscape view in a mix)
- Click track
- Beautiful and accurate VU Input Meters
- Unlimited number of mixes
- Global notes and track notes
- Configurable track colors
- Pause gracefully when interrupted by phone call
- Countdown with gorgeous graphics
- Screen rotates 180 degrees for better control of the iPhone’s internal mic
- Broadcast WAVE metadata
- Searchable Projects list
- Sorting options for the Projects List
- Ability to lock tracks
- File export via iTunes File Sharing & FTP
- SoundCloud (http://soundcloud.com)
- DropBox (http://dropbox.com) integration
- Choice of export file formats: WAVE, AIFF, CAF, AAC, Apple Lossless, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC
Hardware Requirements: iPhone 3GS & iPhone 4 3rd & 4th generation iPod touch
FiRe Studio is priced at $4.99.