A great update for Polychord in version 2.0, I’m really looking forward to trying it out. Here’s what’s new:
- record and share songs with SoundCloud
- sleek new UI made in collaboration with Jonas Eriksson
- palettes, so you can save your settings
- palette f-keys, for fast switching between palettes
- Sine, Sawtooth, Triangle and Square Waves for each instrument. (We used an ‘analogue simulation’ technique for generating the synthesizer waves, which warms them up a bit.)
- Bitshift features for drums: full control over the reduction of bits / bitrate, allowing you to completely decimate the sound or just add a touch of noise.
- Basic low-pass filtering, resonance for each instrument
- Tremolo Depth controls
- Scale mode for the strum keys: rather than the strum keys playing the notes of the current chord, you can set them to numerous other scales.
- Arpeggiator based on time-signatures. Full control over the speed and count of the arpeggiator — allows you to mix a different time signature over the beat. Arpeggiator now has all of the same synth controls as the other instruments.
- The UI now highlights the last chord you pressed, rather than always highlighting the root-note.
- Octave control for every instrument
- Precise BPM control, with text input
- A global on/off switch for Auto Accompany
- File manager for renaming/deleting/loading palettes, songs, etc
- pitch bending on strum keys (sends out MIDI too)
- skins panel lets you switch back to the classic color scheme
And the price is back up to $9.99