Fairlight have split out their app in 2 and this is the new Pro version for $49.99. Here’s what to expect:
Experience music making ‘80s style with this awesome retro app, modelled on the legendary Fairlight Computer Musical Instrument.
Preloaded with 500+ CMI Series II sounds and 100+ Series III sounds, for the first time a byte-perfect re-issue of the classic CMI sounds of the 80s.
This app includes the famous ‘Page R’, which was the world’s first screen-based rhythm sequencer. Today every sampler, digital synthesiser, sequencer and audio workstation can trace its lineage back to this legendary machine.
Now you can make music using tools like those used by artists including Alan Parsons, Jean Michel Jarre, Trevor Horn, Thomas Dolby, Brian Eno, Kate Bush, Peter Gabriel, Stevie Wonder and so many more.
This app is a part midi player, part creative tool and part history lesson – developed by Fairlight staff who worked on the CMI in the ’80s.
Note: If you’re not sure you need all the functionality, you can purchase the Fairlight Player and upgrade to Pro later.
- entire original Fairlight CMI IIX Sound library containing 564 voices*
- 100+ selected CMI III sounds - play the CMI voices from an external MIDI input (supports Core Midi, Line6 MidiMobilizer or Akai SynthStation), or use the on-screen keyboard*
- display voices graphically using the iconic Page D, and change your viewpoint by tilting your iPhone/iPad*
- authentic Fairlight CMI user interface experience, including floppy disk quirks*
- 8 track composition using ‘Page R’ pattern-based sequence
- create instrument sets that store settings for all 8 channels, including the voices, pitch shifts, volumes, release times etc.
- import/export voices, compositions, MIDI and instruments and exchange with others.
* These features also available on the lower cost ‘Player’ version of the Fairlight App.