Happy 500,000 downloads for Agile Partner’s Guitar World Lick of the Day app, and to celebrate they’ve dropped their subscription pricing for a limited period.
An interesting app to add SynthStation25 support. If you’ve not seen the app before I’ve included the description for it.
Kinetic is a music instrument inspired by the inside of a maracas, however it is not a percussive instrument. Notes are represented by bouncing balls that make sounds when they hit a wall and gravity is determined by the location of your device, using the accelerometer. Switch between scenes in order to create chord structures.
The app is priced at $0.99
Thew new thinner and light Galaxy Tab is the same price as the iPad 2, but will it be a useful device for the mobile musician?
GadgetLab has this piece on the device, but I still think that the Android tablet is about 2 years behind in terms of mobile music (in comparison to iOS).
I was thinking about the updates that came to BassLine and MoDrum over the weekend and their use of CoreMIDI.
Firstly I’ve been wondering how many other developers will take this on board and allow their apps to use the clock in the same way as these two and also use background play.
Actually my first real thought was ‘Wow’, this is a big step forward for mobile music making, getting multiple apps to sync clocks on a single device is awesome. The next problem of course is to be able to control them all properly and even record them from inside one device.
So I’d be very interested to hear from developers to know if they are going to take their apps in the same direction.
For now, I’m still amazed at what this dev has done. Awesome stuff.
Big update coming for PianoAngel:
- Fixed bug causing crash when deleting song setting entry.
- Removed audible noise which occurs when note is repeatedly played.
- Generated song entry by duplicating song will be loaded automatically.
- Playing melody by pressing and holding buttons will not delay the sound.
- Replaced piano samples to a new set which is more balanced and smoothed.
- Only one pair of octave buttons is kept and ineffective octave buttons will be hidden to avoid confusion.
- Glissando can be done on melody keys by swiping over melody keys (Panning on melody keys is not available anymore as a tradeoff, please make use of octave buttons instead)
- Made the area of small buttons larger for easier access