I’ve been meaning to feature this music for a little while now. Here’s what the artists say about themselves:
We are a duo from los angeles. We perform this music live. The virtual albums title is HOWeirdiAM. All tracks feature the Tenori-on and the Korg DS-10. As well as a
bunch of other kaos products, ipad, korg wave drum, 2 korg micro
samplers and lots more.
All tracks were recorded live except for some minimal overdubs.
No midi was used in these recordings, it is all synced by hand triggering.
You can download their project here.
I’ve been meaning to post this for ages, so apologies if you know about the device:
The Missing Link OSC/MIDI Translator is a standalone hardware device which contains its own WiFi radio, and translates specially-coded OSC messages sent from your mobile device or computer into standard MIDI messages to control synthesizers, drum machines, mixers, digital audio workstations, or anything which responds to MIDI commands. It does this with low latency, high flexibility and configurability, and without the need for a computer anywhere in the control chain. Multiple wireless OSC devices may connect simultaneously to The Missing Link, making collaboration easy.
The Missing Link presents a breakthrough in MIDI technology by leveraging the power and easy configurability of mobile OSC apps already available for a variety of platforms, to control MIDI devices without the complication of WiFi or software translators, while at the same time freeing your device from cabling. It is truly the first and only device of its kind.
Pre-order sales are now being taken for the first production run of 100 units. Units are already being built, and will be shipping soon. The price is $150, available directly from Jabrudian Industries at http://www.wifimidi.com.
- adhoc or infrastructure modes
- open, WEP, WPA or WPA2 security
OSC via wireless UDP
- OSC to MIDI
- MIDI to OSC
- accepts multiple simultaneous connections
- MIDI IN/OUT (standard DIN-5)
- class-compliant USB MIDI IN/OUT
- configurable internal routing with soft MERGE/THRU
- all MIDI commands fully supported, including SYSEX
- 9V-12V DC, tip +/-, >=250mA
- or via USB
Jabrudian Industries LLC is a small company based out of Portland, Oregon USA. It was formed in 2010 by several members of the local Dorkbot organization who share a passion for music, electronics, and high-tech DIY. More products are in the works.
Jabrudian Industries LLC
Portland, Oregon USA
missinglinkmidi (at) gmail.com
I’ve posted about this app before, but the latest version has been re-written with new voices and less latency, and it is only $0.99
An intriguing comment on my post about the impact of GarageBand on iOS music creation apps:
Complained to a friend of mine (before iPad2 launch) who works at Apple about the segregation of apps and the serious workflow issues. He said “don’t worry about it” and “I’ve seen stuff that will blow your mind”, etc.,
I wonder what they’ve got planned. Hopefully more support in Xcode for music developers.
I have lost track of how many keyboards like this I’ve bought over the years for Palm OS, Windows Mobile etc. This post at Mashable shows off a keyboard for iOS.
I just wish a manufacturer would bring out a tiny MIDI keyboard for iOS. Can it be that hard?
More details on Sythe from This is My Robot, a new Android synth.
Looking forward to a new Android Synth to play with.
An update for this free monitor app. Here’s what’s new:
- Be sure to check out our other app: Midi Touch, a professional, customisable MIDI controller! http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/domestic-cat/id371184144?uo=4 ★
- Support for the Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer on both iPhone & iPad!
- Midi Monitor is now a universal app
- Midi over WiFi (PC & Mac): support for DSMidiWiFi
- Midi over WiFi (Mac only): more robust support for MIDI Network Sessions
- Added gestures for sliders: double tap on the slider ‘rail’ to jump to position, slide finger on rail for fine tuning
- Changed knob control style to vertical (was circular)
- Fixed bug reading pitch bend messages from some devices
MIDI Monitor is also free.