Gearwire has the news of another interface for the iOS, this time from Apogee. For $99 you can expect:
- PureDIGITAL instrument connection delivers pristine sound quality
- Designed for electric guitar and bass
- With no confusing setup, you can start recording in minutes
- Made for Apple’s GarageBand software
- Works with GarageBand on iOS devices or with any Core Audio compatible application on a Mac
- Control knob allows easy input level adjustment
- Multicolor LED for status indication and input level monitoring
- Studio quality instrument preamp with up to 40dB of gain
- Locking output connects directly to iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch dock connector port or USB port on a Mac
- 24-Bit, 44.1 kHz analog-to-digital conversion
- Auto Soft Limit for optimal input level
- Made in the U.S.A.
Sounds like it could be worth a look.