Now there’s a clever looking app! Play synths by singing into your iPhone/iPod Touch!
Voice Control is a wireless MIDI controller that converts the pitch of your voice into signals for controlling MIDI devices networked to your computer.
HOW TO USE:
- Download a wireless MIDI interface such as DSMidiWifi (http://dsmi.tobw.net) and install on your computer.
- Launch Voice Control on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Connect your device’s MIDI stream to the synthesizers you want to control. For example, on a Mac use Audio MIDI Setup to connect your iPhone/iPod Touch to Garage Band or other MIDI units networked to your computer.
- Start singing. You can even harmonize with others on the same wireless network using two or more Voice Control apps.
- Select your vocal range – from bass to soprano (center picker wheel)
- Shift the pitch of converted MIDI signals up or down (right picker wheel)
- Display the note you are currently singing (left picker wheel)
- Sliders let you change the input audio level and the amount of pitch “smoothing”
- Tap “Set Up” to switch to the “Control” screen
- Control the volume and expression in real time using the x-y control pad while you sing
- Rotate the device to pan the sound left to right
The app is priced at $1.99