Priced at $14.99.
Thanks to John for bringing this to my attention! StudioDock from Alesis looks amazing!
- The world’s first pro audio dock for iPad
- Connect microphones and instruments including guitar, studio monitors, PA speakers, headphones, and MIDI controllers
- Universal device works with virtually every audio and MIDI app in the App Store; Core MIDI compliant
- Perform, craft, create and play back music in virtually any conceivable manner or location
- Video output for connection to TVs and projectors
- Inputs: two combo XLR-1/4″ for use with audio gear, instruments, and computer audio
- Input channel gain controls and switchable phantom power for use with condenser microphones
- Guitar-direct switch for use with amplifier- and effects-modeling app
- Outputs: pair 1/4″ and 1/4″ headphone with separate volume controls
- Control: MIDI In, MIDI Out, USB MIDI, and assignable 1/4-inch footswitch input
iDJ gets an update including remote control, background playback, performance enhancements and more. Also, the price is still $1.99.
Looks really good!
Now there’s a clever looking app! Play synths by singing into your iPhone/iPod Touch!
Voice Control is a wireless MIDI controller that converts the pitch of your voice into signals for controlling MIDI devices networked to your computer.
HOW TO USE:
- Download a wireless MIDI interface such as DSMidiWifi (http://dsmi.tobw.net) and install on your computer.
- Launch Voice Control on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Connect your device’s MIDI stream to the synthesizers you want to control. For example, on a Mac use Audio MIDI Setup to connect your iPhone/iPod Touch to Garage Band or other MIDI units networked to your computer.
- Start singing. You can even harmonize with others on the same wireless network using two or more Voice Control apps.
- Select your vocal range – from bass to soprano (center picker wheel)
- Shift the pitch of converted MIDI signals up or down (right picker wheel)
- Display the note you are currently singing (left picker wheel)
- Sliders let you change the input audio level and the amount of pitch “smoothing”
- Tap “Set Up” to switch to the “Control” screen
- Control the volume and expression in real time using the x-y control pad while you sing
- Rotate the device to pan the sound left to right
The app is priced at $1.99