Press release for Symphony Pro which is released today:
TUCSON, AZ – January 7, 2011 – Xenon Labs today announced the release of their music notation app, Symphony Pro, exclusively for iPad. Symphony Pro is a powerful tool to create and playback multi-track compositions using standard musical notation. A wide range of notational elements are supported, and the import and export tools allow users to move their data around as they see fit.
In Symphony Pro, users begin by opening an existing composition, importing a file, or starting with a blank page. To add or edit notes they can either use the built-in keyboard or tap directly on the score. Once the user is ready to hear what their creation sounds like, they can begin playback from any position. The app also provides an export tool, which allows compositions to be exported as a MIDI, MP3, PDF, or one of a few of other formats suitable for editing the piece again later.
Other features include:
- 95 high quality instruments including a drum kit.
- Crescendos, ritardandos, staccatos, tuplets, time signature changes, repeats, and many other notational elements
- Advanced editing tools, such as copy/paste & undo/redo
- Up to 6 tracks and 4 voices per composition
- Score displays in full screen, like sheet music, when the iPad is in portrait mode
- Tracks can be viewed and edited one at a time, or all at once
- Playback can be looped to refine specific measures
- Built-in manual
- iPad (iOS 4.0 Supported)
- 81.3 MB
Symphony Pro is available for $12.99 in the U.S. App Store for the iPad