Another controller app arrives, this time for Serato Scratch Live. Here’s the details:
MiDi-to is a wireless DJ MiDi controller designed for Serato Scratch Live™. It is the first iPad MiDi controller designed for Serato that does not need any additional software to work. MiDi-to takes advantage of the new Core MIDI framework available with iOS 4.2 which minimizes setup and latency.
Our philosophy is to bring back the DJ’s attention to their DJ set instead of their computer.
MiDi-to is designed by DJs for DJs with ease of use and ergonomics as priorities. It is a performance tool that empowers Serato users to control Cue points, FXs, Loops and track selection directly on the iPad. We tried to create a layout that is uncluttered and functional.
MiDi-to’s features are divided into 3 practical views.
- Trigger Cue points
- Trigger Samples
- Use your “Ultra Knob” FX and all the latest presets
- Set manual loops
- Set auto-loops on the fly
- Reverse or “censor” the playing track
- Change playback mode between Absolute, Relative and Internal quickly in emergencies (cleaning your needle for example)
- Control your FX in “Super Knob Mode” for each deck.
- In this view you can have up to 3 simultaneous FXs per deck.
- All the latest Serato FX presets are included for quick and precise manipulation via ergonomic virtual faders.
- Change the rhythm of the FX on the fly.
- Navigate through your Crates and tracks directly from your iPad
- Assign a song to the desired deck and play it!
The MiDi-to equipped iPad can be seamlessly integrated into a DJ setup providing a more hands-on approach to Serato’s features while enabling the DJ to perform in novel ways.
MiDi-to’s ambition is to become the platform for combining Turntablist and Controllerist performance techniques, for the next step in DJing.
MIDI-TO REQUIRES SERATO SCRATCH LIVE™ SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE CONNECTED TO A WI-FI EQUIPPED MAC. IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND OPTIMIZED FOR THE SL1 INTERFACE.
NO ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE NEEDED.
WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU DOWNLOAD OUR OPTIMIZED SERATO MIDI MAPPING PRESET FROM OUR WEBSITE FOR A QUICK AND EASY SETUP.
You just need to connect the iPad to your computer via Wi-Fi.