Another new controller app for the iPad:
eyoControl is a set of MIDI controllers enabling control of your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software from your iPad in various ways, such as a control surface or a virtual instrument.
Connect multiple iPads in parallel to your DAW through eyoControl Server (free download, see details below), each iPad running eyoControl is then assigned a dedicated MIDI port and can either control a virtual instrument or act as a control surface.
eyoControl includes the following controllers:
- Surface: a control surface supporting the Mackie Control protocol. Surface presents a traditional Mixer view with per-track buttons/knobs/faders, and a Panel View with quick access to the status of 64 tracks. Supports major DAW such as Logic, Cubase… (read details about DAW support at http://eyosido.com/eyocontrol/surface).
- Pad: a 4/6/8/12-pads MIDI controller with tap-location sensitive (controls MIDI note velocity) pads suitable to play drum parts. Each pad has a configurable color/MIDI channel/note. A global velocity slider adds up to the velocity control of each pad.
- Keys: a dual keyboard MIDI controller with separate MIDI channels assignable per keyboard. Choose among three key widths per keyboard, and customize key colors. A global velocity slider controls note velocity.
…and more controllers to come in future versions!
eyoControl communicates with your DAW through the iPad’s WIFI connection and the dedicated eyoControl Server (free download at http://eyosido.com) running on a laptop or desktop Mac computer. eyoControl Server lets you connect multiple (up to 128!) iPads running eyoControl to play virtual instruments altogether on the same DAW, each controller connected through its own independent virtual MIDI port.
NOTE: eyoControl is a set of MIDI controllers, it does not produce sound by itself!
- iPad with iOS 4.2 or above.
- eyoControl Server software installed on your laptop/desktop computer (requires Mac OS X 10.5, Intel or PowerPC based Mac computer). eyoControl Server can be downloaded for free at http://eyosido.com.
- a local WIFI connection.
- a Digital Audio Workstation software / audio sequencer with MIDI support.
The current price is $6.99