I know that this is off topic, but I found this today and thought there would be a bunch of people who would be interested. iLuaBox is an intuitive environment to learn, write, and run scripts written in the Lua Programming Language. This is not a stripped down version of Lua, but rather a full-featured implementation that is optimized for iOS 4.2. iLuaBox is a universal application that runs on any iOS 4.2 compatible device.
Lua is a powerful, fast, lightweight, embeddable scripting language. It combines simple procedural syntax with powerful data description constructs based on associative arrays and extensible semantics. Lua has been used in many industrial applications, with an emphasis on embedded systems and games.
In addition to Lua’s standard function libraries, iLuaBox includes a special function library developed specifically for iOS devices. iLuaBox includes a solid reference manual and examples to get you started.
The side-by-side text views are routed to the standard input and standard output streams, providing a simple yet powerful text user interface. Input and output text can be edited and saved for later use.
- Full-featured Lua programming language
- Built-in Lua reference manual
- Basic library, coroutine library, string manipulation, and table manipulation
- Mathematical functions, bitwise operations, debugging, sensors and more
- Side-by-side text user interface for intuitive input and output
- Load, edit and save input text
- Save output text
- TextExpander enabled
- Requires iOS 4.2 or later.
- iLuaBox is now a universal application.
- mLuaBox for the Mac will be available later this year from the Mac App Store.
The app isn’t cheap though at $9.99.