I posted a video of this app a few days ago and here it is. This is what you can expect for your $7.99:
Sample Lab is a full-featured sampler/sequencer made exclusively for iPad. With a professional set of features packed into a simple, multi-touch interface you can skip the learning curve and start making tracks within minutes.
- Pinch-zoom precision sample editor lets you select your audio and drag it right onto a track.
- 8 stereo tracks @ 44.1kHz with per-beat volume control.
- Pitch-shifting preserves time and gives you 2 full octaves from one sample; without chipmunking.
- Record your own samples, or import wav & mp3 files using iTunes.
- Copy/Pasteboard support for sharing audio with other apps.
- Trigger pads for tapping-in patterns or stand-alone performance.
- 4 real-time DSP FX: compressor, bit crusher, resonant cutoff, and phaser.
- Multi-touch sequencer lets you build a composition with ease.
- Shuffle control for natural-sounding syncopation.
- More than 100 samples included to get you started.
Sample Lab was made to fit into your live set. You can:
- Trigger samples or tap un-mute for percussive slam fading
- Slice up a beat
- Load a different composition or sample kit
- Control 8 FX parameters at once with X/Y axis controls
- Record and drop-in layers of beatbox or harmonizing vocals
…all without stopping the music.
If you’ve used it let me know what you think.