Synthtopia posts on a new iPad app that turns your device into a sampling workstation. Features include:
- Pinch-zoom precision sample editor lets you select your audio and drag it right onto a track.
- 8 stereo tracks @ 44.1kHz with per-beat volume control.
- Pitch-shifting preserves time and gives you 2 full octaves from one sample; without chipmunking.
- Record your own samples, or import wav & mp3 files using iTunes.
- Trigger pads for tapping-in patterns or stand-alone performance.
- 4 real-time DSP FX: compressor, bit crusher, resonant cutoff, and phaser.
- Shuffle control for syncopation.
- Over 100 samples included to get you started.
- Audio Copy & Paste to share with other apps.
- Upload your mixdowns to SoundCloud to collaborate & share.
- Import new samples using iTunes.
Good to see audio copy in there too. No ideas on price as yet, but as I know more I’ll post details.