This is pretty close to the top 10 on my iphone….. Eventhough I don’t think I have 10 appz even installed anymore.
In no particular order:
- Nanoloop (gotta dig those FM lofi sounds)
- Sunvox (still the most powerful music app on the idevices, love the modular setup for the synths)
- Flare Scratch (coming from a turntablist/scratching background this app is just pure fun. Love to import my own things to scratch. The time coded vinyl emulation is nice too cuz I can use with Virtual DJ on the PC)
- Voice Memo (I use this app to monitor my input signals for when I sample. * since nanostudio lacks this function)
- ThumbJam (great set of sounds and very easy to use/jam out on)
- DopplerPad (I love being able to make custom scales and play along with music I’ve already made on my hardware)
- BeatMaker (ugggg this app is a love hate relationship. It’s been on my idevice nearly 3 years now… but I’m using it less and less. Did I mention how I hate intua’s stance on treating customers and their community?) Kinda-sorta looking forward to BM2, but I doubt I’ll support Intua.
- Nanostudio (not much to say about this one that hasn’t been said already. It’s my favorite app and my workhorse. I find myself making multiple tracks everyday with this. For a while it was my only installed app when I got my new itouch)
- Jasuto (got this app back in the day from a free promo code. Didn’t use it for a year, but when I did I was amazed at the crazy sounds that was being produced! Love this app just for sampling into my hardware)
- Multitrack DAW (not much to say here either. Copy/Paste support and 8 tracks. It compliments nanostudio well.)
Last but not least I gotta give credit to two more appz that help my musical endeavors.
1. Safari Download manager (this allows me to download files on my idevice)
2. iFile (this allows me to cut,copy,paste files to and from any directory on my idevice. It also unzips and unrars!)
If you’d like to get your top 10 on palm sounds then just email me at the usual address.