Did I miss this? DXi FM now has audiocopy?
I was only playing with this the other day and thought that it would be great if you could save and load patches, and guess what, that’s on the way! Excellent. Here’s what’s coming to this excellent app.
- The cool halos from the demo vid will now show up as you play with the app. This was a pretty horrible typo, I was doing a loop that decremented, but it didn’t go anywhere because the conditional had already been matched when the loop started. I am hoping this doesn’t rough up the performance too much on 3g and lower devices, but depending on what people say, I might try to fix this up again.
- The square wave is now actually a square wave, not a triangle wave. Again, a typo. I put in the code to implement the square wave, but forgot to call it when the synth was set to a squarewave.
- Touches will not fall through to the speed control. Woo, this one was wierd, and totally due to the vageries of my event system. I was forgetting to remove the touch event listeners from the speed control sliders when they were hidden by clicking on the playfield.
- You will not lose your settings for SYN0 after returning to the app. This was the biggest pain to track down. Again, it was due to vagaries in my event system, I maintain two copies of the current synth settings, but the first synth was always getting zero’d out. It turned out that I had an update loop running on my synthEdit object when I didn’t mean to, and before I had loaded any of the relevant synth data.
- Added integrated help files. Now you don’t need to jump out of the app to find out how to run the app.
- Synth Volume control. No longer will your tracks be muddy when there are tons of notes being triggered.
- File saving and loading. You can also access your saved files through the itunes document sharing, which will allow you to share your files with other people.
- Analytics. This will probably just help me, but in turn, I am hoping that will help my users.
Great news. I have 10 promo codes to give for the great TouchOSC. For a chance to win a code all you need to do is answer this question.
In the latest update of TouchOSC, support for which two desktop applications was added?
Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org by tomorrow 2nd November at 8:30pm GMT. Please remember that promo codes can only be redeemed in the US iTunes app store and you will need a US iTunes account to do this.
Playing with NLog Pro in my room in Rome.
Called Sonus (six). No details as yet, but it should be arriving in a week or so.