MiniDrum PRO from Yonac has arrived. I’ve been playing with it for a little while on my iPad and I’ve started to really get into it. The app costs $9.99. Here’s the description:
Meet miniDrum PRO, a professional drum machine/sequencer specially designed for the iPad.
Built on our acclaimed YASSE sound synthesis & sequencing engine, miniDrum PRO offers you a design that carefully combines power with usability. With 40 amazing sound bundles covering every tonal territory, a hassle-free step sequencer and extensive editing capabilities, miniDrum PRO is a consummate beat monster.
Providing 16-channel polyphony, miniDrum PRO has at its heart a multi-resolution 8-track step sequencer with complete note-wise control for pitch, velocity, panning and lag. miniDrum PRO also allows you to record and edit your performances via its zero-latency trigger pad array and event-based capture: using a clever algorithm, your playing is tabulated and “snapped into beat” for complete editing control.
Better yet, miniDrum PRO has no limit to the number of measures in a project or recording, and each measure is individually configurable for beat and repeat counts.
For even more sonic excitation, miniDrum PRO comes packed with many custom-developed sound FX, all in stereo with individually adjustable channels. Just to give you an idea: latest incarnation of our “Vincent” filter with triple pass modes, a brand-new tube-tone overdrive unit, a bitcrusher with integrated frequency control, a lusciously rich flanger/chorus with 4-parameter control and more….
Among other features, miniDrum PRO includes a no-hassle Drag-N-Drop bundle editor to create & save your own instrument bundles. Add to that a fully-configurable control matrix, bounce-to-audio feature for easy incorporation into recording projects, multiple file transfer options, a clever “Humanizer” module for automatically adding variation, and much more, and miniDrum PRO is a powerful tool for the stage, studio or practice.
- 8-Track step sequencer
- Individually adjustable note velocity, panning, pitch & lag
- 4 different sequencer resolutions, including triplets
- Program via sequencer matrix or trigger pads
- Overdub feature
- Unlimited measure count per project
- Individually configurable measure repeat & beat counts
- Measure-wise copy, paste, delete
- Event based recording/sequencing via one touch button
- Recordings transcribed on sequencer matrix on rec finish
- Recordings completely note-wise editable, including in 4 delivery parameters
- Overdub mode ( via “DUB” switch) w/ count-in
- Zero-latency trigger pads
- One-touch export to audio, for use in audio software or devices
- Settable recording quantization
- Settable rec time signature
- 40 instrument bundles w/ over 300 unique sounds
- Rock, Jazz, Electronic, Retro, Percussion, Experimental kits & more
- Drag-N-Drop Bundle Editor for creating & saving custom kits
- Unlimited custom user kits
- Unlimited, editable projects (songs)
- 64 presets written by professional musicians
- 44100, 16-bit CD-quality stereo output
- True stereo, custom designed FX
- Independently controlled left & right channel FX outputs
- Channel coupling switch for each effect
- “Vincent” filter w/ frequency, resonance & all three passes: low, high or band
- Filter modulator with 7 waveforms, depth, rate & tempo latch w/ different values
- Tube-tone harmonic distortion (“Overdrive”) w/ amount
- Bitcrusher with bits & frequency
- Analog-clone flanger / chorus w/ adjustable base delay, depth, speed & regen
- Analog-clone delay / reverb w/ time, feedback & tempo latch, w/ 15 note values to choose from
- Custom-designed Humanizer module w/ amount, for introducing variation to playback
- Wi-Fi based file import/export
- iTunes based import/export
- File manager for browsing & clearing files & auditioning audio masters
- Stage-friendly tempo wheel
- Control matrix w/ individually configurable axis assignments
- Independently settable matrix axis snapback
- Dedicated FX panel
- Stage friendly measure & project editing controls
- One-touch recording, playback or overdub