Another top 10 to round off the day. This time from Mat. Here’s what he’s got.
Note that I use these apps on an IPod 3G.
- ThumbJam – Incredibly expressive, well thought interface and great sounds. The richness of options and features is just amazing: making your own instruments, importing/exporting sounds, loops and sessions, Midi, OSC control, you name it… Add to this the best app support from a developer I ever seen.
- iShred – now that it has Audio copy/paste I use it like hell!
- Jasuto Pro – Powerful and complex, not for the faint hearted, thanks to the community, it helps so much having access to these genius patches!
- Multitrack DAW – A little tough to use on a small screen sometimes and a perfectible interface too but good tool overall to assemble bits and pieces made here and there, some effects would make it go up my top ten for sure!
- NLogSynth – great sounds and tweaking possibilities since the beginning, just got better over time with the arpeggiator or the recorder for example.
- FourTrack – Now that it has Audio Copy at last!
- BeatMaker – Still great despite its ‘age’ and so useful in conjunction with the above to tweak loops or construct parts. Waiting for its successor.
- NanoStudio – I’m so waiting for the update to really integrate it with the rest and really start to use it fully!
- DrumTrack 8 – Great drum app with sample importing and many clever features, I would so like to see a ‘live’ input in it, like the one in IGog or at least some pads and a way to fine tune the precise moment each sound is played in the sequencer.
- Ampkit – Great amps and pedals, dry/amped recording at once… just really needs audio copy/paste, just imagine reamping/adding effects to what you produce with the other apps above!
Nice list Mat.
If you’d like to get your top 10 on Palm Sounds just drop me an email.