Beatwave gets an update with some interesting stuff in it.
- Instrument Editor.
- Upload your own samples and create your own instruments. Via a simple and easy to use web interface you can create the perfect instrument for use within Beatwave.
- This feature is available free for all Beatwave Pro users and is also available in the Store as a single purchase.
- Improved Tone Control. Now displays the current tone and adds pitch bending.
- Improved Tempo Control. Now supports tap tempo and displays the current BPM.
- Added the ability to save records as in MP4 or WAV format. Previously the only option was MP4.
- Performance fixes. Some users experienced glitches while recording and this is now fixed.
- Beatwave Pro is on sale for the entire month of September. Upgrade to gain access to all samples and features with over a 50% discount.
I still wish someone would make one of these as a tiny MIDI keyboard, that’d be amazing!
Music Tech magazine now available as an app.
Music Tech is the world’s most practical music recording and production magazine. Every issue is packed with hands-on features written by professional producers and engineers, software walkthroughs for all the key packages, Ten Minute Master guides to technologies and techniques, and the very latest product and software news and reviews. One issue of your choice is included with the app purchase.
Akai’s Synthstation app has had an update adding support for the SynthStation25 keyboard, which can only be a good sign in my book. I’m guessing that they are still going to have the same problem with the iPhone 4 as all the other hardware manufacturers have had.
I’ll be checking out retailers later to see what the current state of expected delivery dates is for the hardware.
Thanks to Chad for emailing me about the update.
CDM has some really good thoughts on open source hardware and interviews with the co chairs of the event.
I’d forgotten about this MIDI interface and haven’t heard much from them in a while. Looks good though.
I’ve posted a few of these, but this one really appealed to me as I’ve been clearing out a load of old cassettes over the last few days.