Well, it looks like some of the stuff we hoped for:
- New iPod Touch with front and rear cameras with retina display
- New Nano with multi-touch
- iOS4.2 for iPad although we have to wait until November
- New iTunes with Ping
What we didn’t get:
- Garageband for iOS
- New iPad
- Nothing on GuitarJack though
- Nothing on a new iLife or mystery app
- AppleTV update but no apps
So, a new iPod line up, but did Apple just kill off the iPod Classic?
Update: iPod Classic still in the Apple Store.
Like many others I’m going to be watching the live event from my iPad. Hoping for something amazing, in fact, for lots of amazing stuff. Only a few more minutes to wait!
I’ve missed this for a few days as there hasn’t been much to show on eBay. Today we start with a Roland PMA-5 currently at £15.
Next an SU10 again for £15.
And lastly a Zoom PS-04.
David Battino alerted me to this app which looks amazing, but doesn’t appear to be in the app store as yet, either in the UK or in the US.
The description of the app says:
bs-16i is a 16 multi-timbral playback sampler. It supports SoundFont, and can be used for keyboard instrument, MIDI sound module, and MIDI player. The sampler engine is ported from bs-1 / bs-16, which is developed as professional plug-in for Logic (Audio Units) and Cubase (VST instrument).
Using SoundFont libraries, you can play with your great number of Instruments.
It supports all standard MIDI messages, so it also can be used as a GM (General MIDI) sound module.
As a keyboard instrument, you can play with scalable keyboard, pitch bend wheel, and many control change controllers. Internal MIDI player supports SMF (Standard MIDI File) format.
SoundFont and SMF files can be sent using internal WiFi server. Also if your device is installed iOS 3.2 or later, you can use file sharing functions of iTunes.
Moreover, this application supports LINE6 MIDI Mobilizer.
You can communicate with other external MIDI hardware like as synthesizer, sequencer.
(Internal player is not connected to MIDI output. According to the specification of MIDI Mobilizer, timing error may occur when a lot of messages are sent to the application. It can be fixed by using “Buffering” option in application’s setting menu.)
I’m hoping it’ll be in the stores soon, and when I find out I’ll let you know.
Useful review if you were thinking of taking a look at the Korg SoS portable recorder.
Roland have released a bunch of new products today, but I couldn’t see this in their video which surprised me a bit as it looks quite good and is free!
Here’s what to expect:
Since they were launched in 1976, BOSS stompboxes have been a favorite among guitarists and bassists around the world. Their form factor has remained the same since the launch of the very first pedal, the OD-1, and they continue to be a staple in live performances and studio sessions.
BOSS Pedal Sketch is an iPhone app that allows you to enter your own BOSS stompbox settings and record sounds.
Apply effect settings!You can enter your own settings on the effect board in the app.
You can use this in any number of ways including recalling the settings for each song you will be performing or storing the settings of your favorite artists. You can also easily change the order in which your effects are connected on the board.
Store detailed knob settings!
Tap on a knob on the screen to enlarge it. You can also save your favorite knob settings.
Record sample sounds and import images!
You can record your original sounds using your iPhone’s built in microphone.
And because you can also import your photos, you can handily store photos of your live performances or your amp settings.
Search product information and listen to sample sounds!
Access detailed information on a BOSS stompbox that you’re interested in or listen to sample sounds on the linked sample site. We are sure you will find the sound you are looking for!
I know lots of people have been waiting for this one, here’s the detail:
touchAble – control Ableton Live from your iPad
Navigate around your live set with the touch of a finger, tweak Lives mixer, instruments and fx with full automapping and unlimited tracks & parameters. touchAble allows live users to walk away from their computer and perform live from anywhere within Wi-Fi range while keeping latency at a minimum. Play your favourite synths with the unique double keyboard or record your rhythms with the 16 drum pads, including 5 velocity steps & octave selectors. Access the most important transport and clip functions without losing focus on your set and tweak the same set with two iPads with the unique Dual-User-Mode. Do you need to adjust volume, launch a new clip and play a device? Don’t worry – a smart and intuitive screen menu empowers the user to arrange and switch modules on the fly.
touchAble does not require any midi-mappings as it uses LiveOSC to communicate directly with the LiveAPI.
*** Limited Time Introductory Price ***
Installation could not be any simpler:
- Download touchAbleServer from our website www.touch-able.com and install it on your Mac or PC
- Enter your Hosts Ip-Address on your iPad
- Press connect.
Within a few seconds your set will be ready.
- Navigate around the set using touches. Need to go faster? Use more fingers!
- Clips & scenes with full colour and name feedback
- 8×15 clips in fullscreen, 8×7 clips in halfscreen allow a great overview over your set.
- Access to arm & solo functions
- Playing position feedback inside clips
- Grid always stays in sync with the set you’re controlling
- Stop Toggle provides a safe, yet easy way to stop tracks & clips.
- Famous coloured box around currently shown clips within Live
- Unlimited tracks, navigate with the touch-sensitive cross.
- Volumes, returns A-D, panning, monitors, resets, master & return volumes
- 2 different modes in fullscreen: Mode 8 to control two different parameters for the same 8 tracks, Mode 16 to control 16 tracks at once.
- Scared of clipping? Output-meters provide feedback of each tracks/masters/returns output-levels.
- Mute-buttons for each track
- Intuitive device selection screen using touch scrolling. Toggle mode to enable & disable devices from the overview.
- Compatible with vsts, audiounits and native live plugins
- Native Templates for few of Lives devices More will be added in the next updates.
- Choose between 3 device modes: Native Mode, FX8 with 8 and FX32 with 32 parameters to be controlled at once.
- Navigate and control unlimited parameters with bank switches
- Never lose a parameter in the heat of a set: parameter name & value feedback directly inside the faders.
- FX8 & FX32: Different fader-colours differentiate continious parameters and multistate-toggles.
- Control 2 devices at the same time
- 17 note Keyboard
- Touch & scroll Octave-selector
- 2 velocity modes: global or range
- Range velocity mode provides 5 velocity steps within the same key: Press the key on top for low velocity, press it on bottom for maximum velocity
- Keys change colour to reflect current level of velocity
- Tweak the minimal velocity during range mode with the provided slider
- Perform with 2 keyboards in full screen mode
- 8 or 16 pads mode
- Touch & scroll Pad-selector
- 2 velocity modes: global or range
- Range velocity mode with 5 different steps
- Pads change colour to reflect current level of velocity
Clip & Transport control
- Change parameters of clips : pitch, detune, loop, length, position
- Easy access to transport functions: play/stop, midi overdub, cue level, metronome, nudge up/down, midi record and launch quantization
Regular updates adding more native templates and functionality are a given, Step-Sequencer & X&Y Pads to come!
I hadn’t seen a cable like this one before and the price isn’t bad. Details here.
You regularly hear about manufacturers bringing out new devices, and sometimes a couple at a time, but 5 is excessive isn’t it?
Engadget has loads of detail on these tablets, including prices and probable availability as well. I do wonder what the UK pricing will look like though.