- 8-part multi-timbral synthesizer with more than 300 sounds including whole of the original PCM data in the KORG M1 (maximum 12 voices)
- 8-track/16-step sequencer (maximum 64 steps per a sequence)
- 1 Master effect: Reverb or Delay
- Simple and well-composed screens structure: Track overview, Sound browser, Sequence edit, Mixer, and Keyboard
- Easy input mode for notes, chords, and drums with Touch control screen
- Exchange of song data between the others with Nintendo DS wireless system
KORG M01 will be released in Japan in December, 2010.
We are planning the international sales.
All excellent news so far. Looking back to the original DS-10 launch in 2008 (yes, it was that long ago), it wasn’t a huge wait for the cart to become available worldwide, so hopefully this launch will follow suit.
I’d like to see a Kaossilator for the iPhone or iPad, I wonder if they’ll do something like that? Who knows where they’ll go next, and I know that we’d all like to see the Monotron become a line of tiny handheld synths with a Monotron Pro and a Sampletron too!
Still, they keep us guessing and I like that. Here’s looking forward to whatever they do next, and also to December for the M01.
Pictures via All Things DS-10 (will be see an ‘All Things M01’ blog?)