Yonac Software is pleased to announce the release of the miniSynth PRO for the iPad. Conceived and designed by the same team behind the original synth and the theremin for the iPhone OS, miniSynth is a completely new, cutting-edge sound engine crafted especially for the powerful iPad platform.
miniSynth PRO is a fully-featured, professional-grade virtual analogue synthesizer. It incorporates an improved version of the time proven zero latency “push-pull” Yonac keyboard algorithm that powers our pre-existing synthesizers, and features a highly customized version of our original analogue-clone “Vincent” tone shaping filter. More importantly, it marks the debut of our brand new YASSE (pronounced “Yah-See”) modular sound sequencing and synthesis engine, developed in our labs over the last three years.
As a step up on its predecessors, miniSynth PRO is designed as an FM / Subtractive hybrid synth. Among other innovations, it features our patented Vari-wave™ dynamic waveform selection algorithm, individually parameterized voice processing, and carefully selected waveforms driving its dual interactive oscillators and its five-destination LFO.
miniSynth PRO offers many other features to render music making easier. They include a dedicated arpeggiator module, dual individually adjustable keyboards, user control matrix, and 82 presets designed by actual musicians. Users are able to record their own performances, as well as save and recall any number of their own presets in the brand-new YPAT patch design format.
miniSynth PRO will be available for the opening of the iPad iTunes Store.
- Dual Subtractive / FM virtual-analogue monophonic synthesis
- Fully configurable FM, filter or modulation based tone shaping
- 44100, 16-bit CD-quality stereo audio output
- Zero latency sound processing
- Dual syncable oscillators
- Six optimized, custom waveforms per oscillator
- Dedicated oscillator octave, fine tune and mix controls
- Osc 2-to-1 adjustable frequency modulation
- Custom VCF (Variable Capacitance Filter — “Vincent”) with adjustable quadruple (Initial, Peak, Sustain, Final) stages and dedicated envelope
- VCA (Amplifier) ADSR envelope
- Noise generator with adjustable mix
- LFO with 8-octave range and 6 waveforms
- Dedicated LFO fine tune
- Five individually adjustable LFO destinations (Osc1, Osc2, FM, VCF, Amp)
- LFO key syncing and phase reset options
- Control matrix with pitch shift (vertical) and filter modulation (horizontal)
- Adjustable, continuous glide
- Faithful monophonic, “latest-priority” keyboard control algorithm
- Adjustable dual keyboards, with individually settable key width and position
- Option to have dual keyboards covering the whole screen, half the screen, or just to have a single keyboard.
- Option to wire upper keyboard to control the Arpeggiator, and the lower for live performance
- Custom-design arpeggiator module with four different note orderings; hold, track or trigger modes; 5-octave stepping with up to 5 repeats-per-octave
- BPM-based arp timer, and settable arp note value
- Custom analog-tone stereo reverb with individually adjustable channels
- Performance recording module, with file saving and playback
- 82 carefully engineered sound presets, including retro, bass and arpeggio programs and more
- Users can save any number of their own presets
You can hear sound samples from miniSynth Pro here: