Chris, the developer behind Jasuto and Jasuto Pro gives us 10 reasons why Android looks good:
- Completely open source, this isn’t really a direct advantage to application developers but it does promote a healthy community that can drive future development.
- Developers get 100% of the profit from application sales, compare that one to another company we know.
- Applications can freely read/write to the SD card, inter-application sharing solved.
- The Android platform allows multiple apps to run at the same time.
- Developers can now write in pure C/C++ using the NDK (native development kit). Music apps require a lot of CPU power to process in realtime and this just wasn’t feasible with Java, the NDK solves this.
- Tons of phones to choose from, and this is only going to get better with time.
- The Nexus One, this phone runs at 1GHz and has 512MB of ram, and a higher resolution of 800×480 with muti-touch support.
- Apple finally has some much needed competition.
- The Android market place currently has very little music software, so it’s a good time to get in.
- Apps are instantly approved as well as updates, this make the update process much less of a nightmare and promotes more frequent updates.
Now don’t get me wrong the iPhone is here to stay, and rightfully so, but I really do think the Android platform can and will teach Apple a few things.