More news about what Olivier’s up to, and I am none the wiser!
- Still waiting for some stuff.
- While I originally thought I would quickly finish it and dump it on github, I’m fascinated by the direction it is taking, and polishing it and thinking about the “how could people get one?” bit. learning a ton of stuff.
- I have started a far more ambitious thingy in parallel, using the couple of skills I learned on this project (current stage: evaluating several technical solutions, and thinking…).
- originally based on open-source stuff it totally outgrew, not relying on it anymore.
- Will do over the week-end an important redesign of 2 parts of the project, in order to make things leaner and even more “minimalistic”. The game will be to remove as much stuff as possible while keeping things working. And reducing the “Rainer Buchty ratio” of the thing, which for now is super high.
- 10k lines of google-style C++, 4k of which generated by 1k lines of python, the rest mostly in templates (wtf???).
- Dumped new sounds in the usual directory.
- Name of the project: shruti-1.
- Project does not involve any sample.
- Small, minimalistic. Lubitel, not D3s.
- You’re going to hate me for wasting my time doing this 🙂
var addthis_pub = ‘PalmSounds’;http://s7.addthis.com/js/widget.php?v=10